About the Awards
CANBERRA REGION TOURISM AWARDS ARE BACK for 2023!
The Canberra Region Tourism Awards is excited again to be able to celebrate and acknowledge business excellence, innovation, resilience and reward exceptional customer service in our industry.
Check this website for any updates and information regarding the Awards.
About the Canberra Region Tourism Awards
Operating for over 30 years, the Canberra Region Tourism Awards recognise outstanding achievements in the tourism industry.
The awards are a submission and review-based program and provide the opportunity to publicly acknowledge and showcase the Canberra Region’s best tourism operators as well as promote, encourage and reward tourism excellence. The awards are open to all tourism businesses and suppliers to the tourism industry and serve to demonstrate the value of tourism to the Canberra Region.
Winners of the Canberra Region Tourism Awards are announced at an event later in the year. Following the Awards, select category winners will progress to the Australian Tourism Awards to be judged against finalist from each state and territory.
Why should I enter?
Because the Canberra Region Tourism Awards:
- Publicly recognise and reward excellence within the industry
- Support improved business planning, development and internal analysis for tourism operators
- Provide a benchmark for best practice within the tourism industry
- Encourage the continual raising of standards among tourism operators
- Promote an annual platform for the industry and offer networking opportunities for operators, supporters and sponsors
- Energise and motivate staff
- Increase media and publicity of entrants and winners
- Highlight the prominence of the Canberra Region in the Australian tourism industry; and
- Provide an opportunity for successful entrants to progress to the Australian Tourism Awards and compete at a national level
Benefits of winning an award
- All winners in categories 1–26 will represent Canberra and the region as finalists at the 2023 Australian Tourism Awards, to be presented in early 2024 in Darwin
- Provides recognition at the Canberra Region Tourism Awards presentation event
- Provides recognition from your local tourism industry and the industry at large
- Provides a competitive advantage through consumer recognition of an outstanding business
- Assists as an excellent staff development tool
- Allows use of the Canberra Region Tourism Award winner’s logo
Marketing opportunities for winners:
- Featured in the winners’ advertisement published in Canberra Weekly following the event
- Featured on the visitcanberra.com.au website
- Featured on VisitCanberra’s industry link blog
- Featured on the Canberra Region Tourism Awards Facebook and Instagram pages
- Listed on the canberratourismawards.com.au website and news feed
- Recognition in marketing material in the lead up to, and following, the 2023 Australian Tourism Awards, including through the australiantourismawards.com.au website and social media channels
- Use of 2023 Australian Tourism Awards ‘Finalist’ logo (for categories 1-26)