About the Awards
2020 Canberra Region Tourism Awards Cancelled
While we are trying hard to navigate our way through to the other side of this crisis, this year will continue to be filled with challenges that will take all our energy and focus to survive.
Due to this, we have made the very difficult decision not to proceed with conducting the 2020 Canberra Region Tourism Awards.
About the Canberra Region Tourism Awards
The annual Canberra Region Tourism Awards provide an opportunity to showcase the best of our region’s tourism operators as well as promote, encourage and reward tourism excellence. The awards are open to all tourism businesses and suppliers to the tourism industry and serve to demonstrate the value of tourism to Canberra and the region.
Why should I enter?
- Encourage and celebrate excellence, quality, professionalism and innovation
- Provide a benchmark for best practice
- Encourage continuous improvement
- Publicly recognise tourism excellence
- Assist as an excellent business planning tool
- Analyse the effectiveness of your marketing activities
- Reviews goals and records achievements
- Provides a networking opportunity with other entrants, sponsors and the broader tourism industry
Benefits of winning an award
- All winners in categories 1–25 will represent Canberra and the region as finalists at the 2018 Qantas Australian Tourism Awards, to be presented in early 2019 in Launceston
- Provides recognition at the Canberra Region Tourism Awards presentation event
- Provides recognition from your local tourism industry and the industry at large
- Provides a competitive advantage through consumer recognition of an outstanding business
- Assists as an excellent staff development tool
- Allows use of the Canberra Region Tourism Award winner’s logo
Marketing opportunities for winners:
- Featured in the winners’ advertisement published in Canberra Weekly following the event
- Featured on the visitcanberra.com.au website
- Featured on VisitCanberra’s industry link blog
- Featured on the Canberra Region Tourism Awards Facebook page and through the Canberra Region Tourism Awards Twitter feed
- Listed on the canberratourismawards.com.au website and news feed
- Recognition in marketing material in the lead up to, and following, the 2019 Qantas Australian Tourism Awards, including through the australiantourismawards.com.au website and social media channels
- Use of 2018 Qantas Australian Tourism Awards ‘Finalist’ logo (for categories 1-25)