The Canberra Region Tourism Awards encourages entries from tourism businesses in the region surrounding the ACT.
Regional tourism businesses deliver an important part of the overall mix of tourism experiences available to visitors, providing additional reasons to travel to Canberra and extend length of stay.
The continued support of regional entries is welcome and is essential to ensuring the Awards remains a whole of destination program.
Entrants from regional areas need to confirm that their business is a relevant part of the Canberra Region Tourism Awards program. To verify this, all regional entrants need to contact the Canberra Region Tourism Awards Manager prior to nominating.
The Canberra Region Tourism Awards Coordinator may ask for written evidence demonstrating the relevance of the regional business to the Awards program.
Regional entrants need to consider the following when nominating their business and preparing their written submission:
- How the business complements the mix of experiences available in the Canberra and the region
- The extent to which the business contributes to the ongoing development and enhancement of tourism in Canberra and the region
- The level of involvement in industry associations or other relevant bodies with direct links to Canberra
- How the activities of the business contribute to the promotion of Canberra and the region
- The level of engagement with VisitCanberra and the Canberra tourism industry
- Relevance of the business to other Canberra businesses and suppliers
Judges will consider these points when judging you, so ensure you highlight your engagement with VisitCanberra and the Canberra region industry when completing your submission and during your judges site visit.
Regional entries that are not eligible to enter the Canberra Region Tourism Awards can consider entering the NSW Tourism Awards.
Please note that regional entrants can only enter either the Canberra Region Tourism Awards program or the NSW Tourism Awards program (or one of its regional Award programs). It is not possible to enter both awards programs, even if you plan on nominating in different categories in each state.